Desparately seeking Susan and a Schematic- Bicron Labtech

This area is for discussions involving any fusion related radiation metrology issues. Neutrons are the key signature of fusion, but other radiations are of interest to the amateur fusioneer as well.
Richard Hull

Desparately seeking Susan and a Schematic- Bicron Labtech

Post by Richard Hull »

I need the schematic and or manual for a Bicron "Labtech" nuclear counter and scaler box. Just the schematic, alone, would be great!!

I have one that has no HV but is otherwise in good shape. Before I go reverse engineering it and drawing my own from the circuit board, I thought I would ask.

I am torn between repair and just cutting out their HV line and dropping in a simple 12VDC HV module. If no manual or data is fothcoming the latter option is highly probable.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
irad

Re: Desparately seeking Susan and a Schematic- Bicron Labtech

Post by irad »

Richard (or anybody) - Did you ever find one? Does anyone have a manual for the Bicron Labtech? -Tom
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

I never did get a manual for this item. Sorry.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
irad

Post by irad »

Thanks Richard. Nice full featured meter, do you still have yours? If so I will send or post you a copy of the manual or schematics if I find them, no luck so far though. Tom Hall
George Dowell

Post by George Dowell »

Copy me too Tom, I use one too George Dowell
irad

Post by irad »

Of course Geo... Hopefully someone has one of these manuals squirreled away somewhere they can remember.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Yes I still have my counter. It is just one of many with odd problems awaiting my retirement and time to work through the pile.

I have about 25 working counters of various types and about the same number in need of anything from a little TLC to major work to turn them back into useful systems.

Aside from the above I have a small collection of early counters (1940's-1950's) Most can work, but a few never will again due to the impossibility of getting critical components.

I'm a sucker for orphaned and crippled counters.

Richard Hull
irad

Post by irad »

The Bicron Labtech should prove to be one that would be worth the effort to restore. Mine is working well, but I'm hoping I can find some documentation now (or someday soon) for the day I'll really need it and no one even remembers what the instrument was, and when all the remaining paper copies of documentation have been recycled or worse. With three of us looking (you, Geo and myself), maybe some kind soul will feel a little greater impetus to search their recourses, for which we would be very grateful. Tom
George Dowell

Post by George Dowell »

Queried a good friend, retired from the business. Reply was:

"Did find full detailed Bicron LabTech scaler manual,it's about 30 pages, but 10 or so are large fold outs (schematics and parts layout), more than I can handle with my copier. Will have to bring to Kinko and use their large sheet copier. Will do so."

When I get my hands on it, I will scan the papers and make them available in the manuals archive:

http://www.qsl.net/k/k0ff/Manuals/

George Dowell
irad

Post by irad »

George: As always, your the greatest! Tom Hall
Harald Holzapfel

Post by Harald Holzapfel »

Dear all,
I am also looking for a Bicron Labtech manual. Unfortunately, the link above doesn't work anymore. Does anyone still have this manual and could share it with me? That would be great. I really appreciate any help you can provide.
Best wishes,
Harald

Return to “Neutrons, Radiation, and Detection (& FAQs)”