Chia-Yu Yuan's fusor progress

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Chia-Yu Yuan

Chia-Yu Yuan's fusor progress

Post by Chia-Yu Yuan »

Hello everybody, I am Chia-Yu Yuan, a college student.
My teammate and I are working on a proto-fusor which is made of two CF35 flange tees and a KF16 4-way cross as vacuum chamber with a 10KV 30mA NST(HB-11010)
P_20230424_205132.jpg
This is our HV circuit, D1-4 are microwave diodes(Cl01-12) consist of bridge rectifier
This is our HV circuit, D1-4 are microwave diodes(Cl01-12) consist of bridge rectifier
This is inner grid with three nickel rings. The gird's diameter is 2 cm, and the wire is 1mm thick
This is inner grid with three nickel rings. The gird's diameter is 2 cm, and the wire is 1mm thick
Because the voltage across fusor is a pulsating DC voltage, it requires a good way to determine the effective voltage to identify different voltage conditions. Thus, we apply 𝑉𝑟𝑚𝑠 to be the effective voltage, but we are not sure whether it is a good way.
In last few week, we have successfully lighten up our fusor, and these are picture of plasma in different conditions
35.3mTorr, 1310Vrms, 0.8mA. It looks like star-mode, but due to the voltage and current is too low, we think it is not like typical star-mode
35.3mTorr, 1310Vrms, 0.8mA. It looks like star-mode, but due to the voltage and current is too low, we think it is not like typical star-mode
103mTorr, 496Vrms, 2.36mA. We think it is halo-mode
103mTorr, 496Vrms, 2.36mA. We think it is halo-mode
1.03Torr, 302Vrms, 2.7mA. We think it is normal glow
1.03Torr, 302Vrms, 2.7mA. We think it is normal glow
Richard Hull

Re: Chia-Yu Yuan's fusor progress

Post by Richard Hull »

Great effort on the demo fusor system with images and data. I have placed you into the plasma club due to your complete data and images submitted.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Images du Jour”