Hello everyone, I am from China

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
chen jiaxuan

Hello everyone, I am from China

Post by chen jiaxuan »

Hello everyone, my name is Chen Jiaxuan, I am from China, and I am very interested in energy spectrum. I am a physics enthusiast, and I have a strong interest in the transformation and transfer of energy. I've recently started researching about spectrometers, and I enjoy trying new experiments and simulations, recently bought my first spectrometer (haven't really used it yet) and learned and discovered new things from it. I look forward to discussing the knowledge and technology of energy spectroscopy with you.
:]
Dennis P Brown

Re: Hello everyone, I am from China

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Hello and welcome. This being a fusor forum the use of a spectrometer here would be limited. However, spectrometers are the backbone of so much science that a good working knowledge of those devices is time well spent. So, I'd guess your next effort would be determining a use for the device and that would be a vast area. Certainly, line spectra of deuterium would come to mind; interestingly, the absorption spectra of liquid deuterium was only 'recently' determined (1980's, for me, that is 'recent') despite it being known (as a substance) for nearly a century and used often in laboratories. So, I bet there are still areas that people have overlooked that spectrometer work would still be both doable by an amateur and accessible.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”