Introduction

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
GaryOliver

Introduction

Post by GaryOliver »

I'm Gary from Corvallis, Oregon. Been dabbling with high-vacuum and high voltage much of my life and still do stuff now and then. I followed Steve Hansen's 'the Bell Jar' for several years and built a few of his contraptions. Great fun.

Currently I have a small (maybe 10 litre) bell jar vacuum system that was formerly a carbon sputter coater for EM work. I've converted it to be turbo pumped with a small edwards pump replacing the former diffusion and Welch Sargent (sp?) pump as were originally supplied. Various instrumentation (Varian and CVC gauges) and mass flow controllers are being used. My particular interests are coating and implantation, though nothing successfully done yet with the latter.

Am considering construction a fusor for this work station and am interested in maintaining radiation health safety so am currently using Eberline (DD-300) and Miron DMC 2000S dosimeters to detect Xray products. I do not have any methods in place for neutron detection, though I do have a detector tube and HDPE 'moderator' for same and plan to construct and test a sensor before I try to make any neutron flux.

Good to see a lively bunch here and look forward to learning a few things.
-Gary
JoeBallantyne

Re: Introduction

Post by JoeBallantyne »

Please change your username to GaryOliver.

Them's the rules.

Otherwise you will get nuked by the admins.

Joe.
GaryOliver

Post by GaryOliver »

Honestly missed that. Was not used to that being an issue. Sorry.
Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

Post by Paul_Schatzkin »

It's only the first thing you see after clicking on "Register"
The first rule of membership in these forums is: You must create your account using your real, full, first AND last names as the LogIn/UserID for your account.
So, yeah, no surprise people keep missing it.

🤦🏻‍♂️

--P
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television: 2023 Edition – https://amz.run/6ag1
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 60 years in the past and we missed it."

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”