More on cold fusion...er..LENR

It may be difficult to separate "theory" from "application," but let''s see if this helps facilitate the discussion.
Richard Hull

More on cold fusion...er..LENR

Post by Richard Hull »

It's back! It's being funded and talked about by NASA and others. Sabine Hossenfelder's update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbzcYQVrTxQ&t=146s

For the first time, debunking is not the order of the day, being replaced by curiosity. That is a good thing. Fusion power? Probably not, but another way to do fusion?

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Re: More on cold fusion...er..LENR

Post by Frank Sanns »

Show me some real science here!!!! All of the research that I have read misses it!

Freaking trying to reproduce the sometimes irreproducible is a sure sign that there are variables affecting the outcome that have not yet been identified.

Very first round of experiments that I would have done back in the day would have been looking at each of the isotopes of palladium. At the very least, Pd102, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, and 110. They need not and probably best not, ultra pure isotopes but variations of the compositions especially with that 107 one. It is not so easy to obtain, no but something fundamental needs to be done to determine the critical parameters.

Similarly, I have not seen any data with other hydrogen isotopes most importantly tritium and combinations with deuterium. The nuclear environment of all of these different combinations will either give a winner, a mediocre, or negative result. But ALL of the results will lead to critical knowledge.

Enough of the is trying to reproduce the same ole same ole. Get some real science and experimental design into the works. There are many more experiments like phases/transitions, and that fact that it is a super conductor at low temperature could really shed some light on it but I will end my rant here. DO SOME SCIENCE PEOPLE!!!!!
Achiever's madness; when enough is still not enough. ---FS
We have to stop looking at the world through our physical eyes. The universe is NOT what we see. It is the quantum world that is real. The rest is just an electron illusion. ---FS
Richard Hull

Re: More on cold fusion...er..LENR

Post by Richard Hull »

Worth a read. 2009 paper (pdf) overview to bring folks up to speed on the history.

Richard Hull
Attachments
2009Krivit-S-ANewLookAtLENR.pdf
(3.45 MiB) Downloaded 177 times
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Fusor and/or General Fusion Theory (& FAQs)”