Introduction

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Reed Upson

Introduction

Post by Reed Upson »

Hello all! I am Reed, a physics student and amateur cyclotron engineer. I am nearly complete with building a small amateur proton cyclotron but I have encountered some vacuum troubles recently, so I thought I should consult the wonderful deuterated brains of you fusor people!

May your seals be tight and your neutron flux be high!
Regards,
Reed
William Turner

Re: Introduction

Post by William Turner »

Hello Reed,

Sounds cool. Do you have a website or photos of your cyclotron?

Will
Chris Mullins

Post by Chris Mullins »

Hi Reed,

You might find some useful info here on my amateur cyclotron build: https://mullinscyclotron.weebly.com/

Feel free to PM me if you'd like more info.

Thanks,
Chris
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

This is quite an ambitious project and I am glad your dad is along for the ride. Welcome to our forums.
Vacuum, at the scientific research level, is a hard thing to obtain and seal off to a stable and constant level. This usually takes a constant pumping effort during experiment If one dares to go to vacuum levels below 10e-7 torr. All the best of luck in your continuing efforts with the cyclotron.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”