Fusor Vacuum Chamber

For Short Term Learning Discussions ONLY. This area is for CURSORY questions and connecting with other users ONLY. ALL technical contributions need to be made in the appropriate forums and NOT HERE. All posts are temporary and will be deleted within weeks or months. You should have already search the extensive FAQs in each of the forums before posting here as your question may already be answered.
Pablo W

Fusor Vacuum Chamber

Post by Pablo W »

Hey! I was wondering, what's the best way to make a spherical vacuum chamber, or where can I buy one? I am planning on making a fusor build and was wondering what the best way to go about this was. In terms of power supply, I am planning on using a neon transformer (and rectifier), and a voltage multiplier to step it up to a voltage high enough to fuse deuterium.

^^ I found this older post about the same topic, but the links are no longer valid: viewtopic.php?t=11526

I don't have good enough experience in metal work to fabricate my own but I am able to weld 2 hemispheres together if necessary.
Any help appreciated, thank you!
Richard Hull

Re: Fusor Vacuum Chamber

Post by Richard Hull »

Why not checkout one of our major forums. We kind of expect folks to read at least all the forum titles to see if there is anything there for them.

viewforum.php?f=75

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Pablo W

Re: Fusor Vacuum Chamber

Post by Pablo W »

Yea, sorry about that. I am planning on welding two 6" SS Hemispheres to two 8" CF flanges, and welding some other CF "ports" to the hemispheres (pretty standard build, I think). Thank you!

Return to “New User Chat Area”