Greetings!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
mertillious

Greetings!

Post by mertillious »

My name is Mert and im thinking of making a nuclear fusor reactor with my friend as the ULTIMATE science project. (1) because it's something i've always wondered about and (2) it looks really nice on your college application. I'm extremely passionate about this project, at first I was thinking about making a fission reactor but I ruled that out the second I tried registering with the NRC (Nuclear Regulatory Commission). It said that I would be tracked by the CIA and FBI which scared the crap out of me. I look forward to learning with, and meeting you all.
Richard Hull

Re: Greetings!

Post by Richard Hull »

Honest innocence and a desire to do the right thing can often leave you a target for those employed solely to seek out and track targets.

Welcome to the world of amateur fusion. While power ready fusion is 100 years or more off into the future, the process of doing fusion is abysmally easy. While requiring a modest monetary outlay, the effort will teach more about fusion than reading all the books on the subject. The work will teach an internal truth and grasp of fusion by the doing and "hands-on imperative".

As for fission, it is and always will be the energy that can sustain us. You just can't do it yourself, at home, as an amateur. A big no,no.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Dennis P Brown

Re: Greetings!

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Greetings - do read other people's methods in developing working fusors. People here have generated their own deuterium gas, built many types of fusor grade power supplies and found great deals on equipment that is needed.

My one warning is that fusor power supplies are lethal - they have very high voltages and currents and must be carefully respected. Radiation in the form of x-rays (not neutrons) is your only radiation concern.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”