Ryan Ginter

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Ryan Ginter

Ryan Ginter

Post by Ryan Ginter »

Hi everyone, my name is Ryan and Iv'e decided to embark on this journey along with all of you. Iv'e been reading over the forums for a few years, but only now decided to sign up. I was determined to achieve fusion, but my original intention was only to use this site as a resource. I live in a very rural area and as a result have never met another person with an interest in science. Because of this, I've always proceeded with such things on my own. This has changed now, as I've read deeper into the forums I've come to see that the people here are truly dedicated to science. Seeing the sharing of knowledge through scientific processes has inspired me, and I wish to be a part of it.

I've been in love with science for as long as I can remember. When most children were running around outside playing games I was in my room reading about the physical phenomena that govern our world. After graduating highschool I went to college to study physics, with the dream of working on a project like the LHC. Unfortunately I ended up dropping out after a few years due to personal circumstances, but my passion for science has never wavered. Though it has been nine years since I've left college, I am certain that I've not gone a single day without learning something new.

I currently work as a Manufacturing Engineering Technician. In the past my experiences were purely academic in nature, but this job has given me the skills and confidence to attempt constructing my own scientiffic apparatus. I've already begun collecting the parts for the system, purchasing the necessary componets as deals arise on ebay. Just this morning, I was able to start up my turbomolecular pump for the first time, reaching 10e-6 torr.

I still have a long journey ahead of me, but I look forward to the days where I can share in the scientific process with all of you!
Richard Hull

Re: Ryan Ginter

Post by Richard Hull »

Welcome Ryan. Many skills are needed. A history in academia is a good start in understanding and learning how to learn on your own. As a technical person now working on real things daily, the mechanical skills will come along. The ability read and then think on what you have read is another step towards the doing with your hands with some confidence.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”