How do i find budget transformers for demo fusor in poland

For Short Term Learning Discussions ONLY. This area is for CURSORY questions and connecting with other users ONLY. ALL technical contributions need to be made in the appropriate forums and NOT HERE. All posts are temporary and will be deleted within weeks or months. You should have already search the extensive FAQs in each of the forums before posting here as your question may already be answered.
Julian Stanek

How do i find budget transformers for demo fusor in poland

Post by Julian Stanek »

So this question is mainly for polish people but be free to answer. I live in Poland and I am 14 and I want to build a good demo fusor, but I don't have much money to ship transformers from other countries so I want to find an nst or ignition transformer locally but I cannot find any offers, it is even hard to find an nst from Europe on eBay. Does any person know where I can find any budget transformer for me? Also are there any other options for transformers? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I really need a good hv power supply that i could use for a demo fusor and plasma beam project.
Richard Hull

Re: How do i find budget transformers for demo fusor in poland

Post by Richard Hull »

Not stupid question at all. Much depends on local sources of neon signs. Unfortunately the proper larger heavier old style transformers are now a thing of the past. Modern power for smaller neon signs are all of the switching type and are smallish and now generally suitable at all for even a demo fusor of any quality.

If you can, make sure to get an older heavy type of classic Neon sign transformer, be it new or used. All the best of luck in your quest.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “New User Chat Area”