Ed Meserve Fusor Status

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Ed Meserve

Ed Meserve Fusor Status

Post by Ed Meserve »

After a short hiatus (life and paying work gets in the way), I have restarted work on my fusor.
I have started this new topic so that it has a title that falls more in-line with the defacto standard for such posts.

Here is a current photo of my rig.
Fusor Rig as of 9/16/22
Fusor Rig as of 9/16/22
I have installed and tested a second stage diffusion pump, and also removed the exhaust oil filter on the Welch 1400 and have run a flexible line venting the oil vapor outside. For these tests I did not connect a power supply.

I wanted to see how leaky the chamber was, and how deep I could get the vacuum with both stages, so I ran the vacuum system for the approximately an hour on the 15th , valve off the chamber, and ran the vacuum system again on the 16th for a longer duration. Below is the recorded data, in tabular and chart form:
9/15/22, Vacuum System Run
9/15/22, Vacuum System Run
9/16/22, Vacuum System Run
9/16/22, Vacuum System Run
9/15-9/16 Tabular Data
9/15-9/16 Tabular Data
The deepest vacuum I was able to pull was 1.8mTorr in the Chamber, with 10 mTorr on the Foreline.
Vacuum Gauges, at max vacuum
Vacuum Gauges, at max vacuum
Ed Meserve

Return to “Images du Jour”