hello from india

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
vivekanandan c

hello from india

Post by vivekanandan c »

hi im an amateur fusion builder from india
from what i understood ,
one neon sign transformer with both outputs connected to the negative electrode inner ball and positive electrode grounded ,with centretapped transformer too grounded ,and the electrodes maintained in vaccum ,and deuterium gas supplied into the vaccum i should be able to get the fusor glow and generate neutrons
can some one give a detailed circuit diagram with electronics components needed to the set up ,im amateur a detailed circuit will help thank u
Finn Hammer

Re: hello from india

Post by Finn Hammer »

vivekanandan c, welcome to this forum.
I am not sure this is your full name, if not then you should change this in your profile, since it is a rule of this forum, and we insist that new users comply.
Your suggested hookup of a neon sign transformer is wrong, and asking us to spoon feed you with a diagram is asking too much.
The rule of the day here is: self directed learning, which means to start reading the FAQ section of the forum. Doing so, you will gradually get aquainted with vacuum chamber construction, how to acheive a high vacuum, how to maintain it and how to measure it. How to generate high voltages and how to get it past the chamber wall and into the vacuum vessel. You should pay particular emphasis on security, since the high voltage can kill under the right (wrong)circumstances. You will learn about how to feed D2 into the chamber and maintain a pressure suitable for fusion.
This is all described in detail in the FAQ's.
You are on to a long journey, and I wish you good luck on it.
Cheers, Finn Hammer
Dennis P Brown

Re: hello from india

Post by Dennis P Brown »

One point I will add to Finn's excellent post - a neon sign transformer will never provide enough power/voltage to create detectable neutrons. As he pointed out, there are FAQ's on power supplies (including NST for demo use) so do read those. After that, if you have specific questions on those topics, people here will certainly answer them. Good luck and do read some of the FAQ's Richard has gone to great pains to write up to answer most fundamental questions/issues/designs on fusors.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”