Example of a Fraudulent Fusion Paper

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
Liam David

Example of a Fraudulent Fusion Paper

Post by Liam David »

Linked and attached is an example of an entirely fraudulent compact fusion paper. https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/5234046

The author claims such things as having access to tritium (very unlikely), generating a mean triple product of 1.5e19 s m^-3 keV, with peaks as high as 1e23 in some regions, a neutron yield of 1.8e13/s, and some totally real Monte Carlo simulations that "prove" his ideas. The paper is littered with fluff and hides almost all apparatus/measurement/analysis details... if an apparatus even exists. The provided pictures of the plasma jet don't shed much light.

A look at his Google Scholar profile reveals some seemingly legitimate EE work, although the number of single-author papers is rather high. There are a number of (unpublished) papers, including, shall we say, "alternative" views on special relativity and particle physics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Christopher Collins

Re: Example of a Fraudulent Fusion Paper

Post by Christopher Collins »

Though we may have our differences, if what you are saying about this paper is true then it's author is someone who should invite themselves out of this field. I personally hate bullshiters whose reckless actions put the whole field out there in the public eye as a joke. It explains why I'm not a fan of Pons- Fleischmann Cold Fusion hypothesis to the point that the term " Cold Fusion " causes my hair to bristle up in anger when I hear it.