Example of a Fraudulent Fusion Paper

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
Liam David

Example of a Fraudulent Fusion Paper

Post by Liam David »

Linked and attached is an example of an entirely fraudulent compact fusion paper. https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/5234046

The author claims such things as having access to tritium (very unlikely), generating a mean triple product of 1.5e19 s m^-3 keV, with peaks as high as 1e23 in some regions, a neutron yield of 1.8e13/s, and some totally real Monte Carlo simulations that "prove" his ideas. The paper is littered with fluff and hides almost all apparatus/measurement/analysis details... if an apparatus even exists. The provided pictures of the plasma jet don't shed much light.

A look at his Google Scholar profile reveals some seemingly legitimate EE work, although the number of single-author papers is rather high. There are a number of (unpublished) papers, including, shall we say, "alternative" views on special relativity and particle physics.
Attachments
Very_Small_Scale_Electrostatic-Confinement_Fusion_Apparatus.pdf
(319.69 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
Christopher Collins

Re: Example of a Fraudulent Fusion Paper

Post by Christopher Collins »

Though we may have our differences, if what you are saying about this paper is true then it's author is someone who should invite themselves out of this field. I personally hate bullshiters whose reckless actions put the whole field out there in the public eye as a joke. It explains why I'm not a fan of Pons- Fleischmann Cold Fusion hypothesis to the point that the term " Cold Fusion " causes my hair to bristle up in anger when I hear it.

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”