Edwards PR10-K circuit

Every fusor and fusion system seems to need a vacuum. This area is for detailed discussion of vacuum systems, materials, gauging, etc. related to fusor or fusion research.
AngeloGomes

Edwards PR10-K circuit

Post by AngeloGomes »

Hi guys.

I have here a PR10-K head available and I would like to use it in a project. However, I don't have the controller or any circuit for it. I´ve found a manual for this head and the only useful info that I found was this:

I can´t recognize it as a bridge circuit, so I don´t know which pins are used and the current that I should use. Can anyone help me to put this head to use?

Thank you so much for your attention.

Angelo.
GeorgeYork

Re: Edwards PR10-K circuit

Post by GeorgeYork »

Angelo,
Any progress on getting started on this Pirani Gauge tube? I have a controller but its a leybold TM120 with no wiring output to figure which i am looking for someone with an pinout information. Essentially All of the controllers are the same with some small deviations on the Wheatstone bridge circuit. Their are a number of websites showing how to configure the Resistive element on a wheatstone bridge to get the current to read the pressure etc. What have you come up with on a controller?
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Your detector sensor is connector 1 (PC3) going to pin 1. The connector 4 going to pin 2 (strange that they ID like this), is where the voltage is applied. Connector's 2 (pin 3), connector 2 (pin 4) along with PC3 form your comparison circuit. Look at a standard bridge circuit for a Pirani and compare to this. As for voltage, no idea but likely a low voltage like 5 v DC or similar. I have little electronic knowledge but maybe others here will comment as well.
GeorgeYork

Post by GeorgeYork »

Dennis, That is great information that you have provided!! Thank you very much it helps alot and will get me going in the right direction for sure!

Return to “Vacuum Technology (& FAQs)”