Delay in deleting reported posts on the site

Announcements and items of immediate importance.
Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Delay in deleting reported posts on the site

Post by Frank Sanns »

Some of you have reported posts but they have not been deleted over the past three weeks or so.

For reasons that we cannot get into, we needed to preserve the integrity of the site. It was not our call but we were required to comply.

At this point we are back to normal and I think Richard is anxious to get back to cleaning things up. Have at it where necessary but let's try to leave Images and Trading items up longer than in the past.

This also helps our online search status when we have more diverse categories, items, and subject matters.

Carry on.
Achiever's madness; when enough is still not enough. ---FS
We have to stop looking at the world through our physical eyes. The universe is NOT what we see. It is the quantum world that is real. The rest is just an electron illusion. ---FS
Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

Re: Delay in deleting reported posts on the site

Post by Paul_Schatzkin »

I logged in this afternoon for the first time in a few days and was notified of two posts that failed to comply with the basics. One was advertising, the other was spam, and neither complied with the name or introduction guidelines.

I deleted the users and the posts.

#NoPatienceForTrolls

--P
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television: 2023 Edition – https://amz.run/6ag1
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 60 years in the past and we missed it."
Bob Reite

Post by Bob Reite »

Are people so desperate to spam us that they get past the initial screening? I can't see a bot able to deal with the word mangling and the request to name the gas used in amateur fusors.
The more reactive the materials, the more spectacular the failures.
The testing isn't over until the prototype is destroyed.
Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Post by Frank Sanns »

There are multiple causes of these posts. I agree that a bot is not solving the security question. Even if it reads it, it comes up with the wrong answer unless it can understand the arithmetic too. This was by design of the question since looking up an answer by a bot is now a problem.

So that means a person has solved it then forwards it to bots that use it. This means it is time for me to change the question again to gain us some more time before it starts again.

Then there are those that just want to be PIA to the site or particular members for whatever reason they have. It has not been much of a problem in the past few years but there was a time when this was an issue.
Achiever's madness; when enough is still not enough. ---FS
We have to stop looking at the world through our physical eyes. The universe is NOT what we see. It is the quantum world that is real. The rest is just an electron illusion. ---FS

Return to “Announcements and Site Administration Topics”