Building Fission Reactor Chamber

For posts specifically relating to fusor design, construction, and operation.
Matthew Nikolaenko

Building Fission Reactor Chamber

Post by Matthew Nikolaenko »

I'm wondering if I need to water-cool the chamber if I have a 6" sphere. I also want to know if the diameter of the tungsten rods matters for the inner grid. That is currently as far as I've gotten with my building plan. https://www.instructables.com/Build-A-Fusion-Reactor/ is a site that I'm using to get specific details since I cannot see any other posts related to this as far as I've seen. Do you think the site is good for getting some of my information? (mainly the geometry and basic components).
Matthew Nikolaenko

Re: Building Fission Reactor Chamber

Post by Matthew Nikolaenko »

I also want to mention that I don't know if this counts as a technical question since I don't really know how technical the construction gets in a fission reactor.
Richard Hull

Re: Building Fission Reactor Chamber

Post by Richard Hull »

We build fusion reactor chambers. They are called fusors as they are designed to do fusion. No one can build a fission reaction chamber. Please note this is future. I suggest you read the FAQs here for information on construction of a fusor.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Fusor Construction & Operation (& FAQs)”