What's Next - Fir$t Things Fir$t

Announcements and items of immediate importance.
Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

What's Next - Fir$t Things Fir$t

Post by Paul_Schatzkin »

Yes, it's that time again. If you want to just cut to the cha$e and pitch into the Fund, please follow this link:

https://gofund.me/1f741d11

We do this every couple of years - pass virtual hat around and solicit contributions to fund the ongoing operations of Fusor.net.

This time we are raising the bar some, and using GoFundMe to raise ~$3,000.

Your administrators are still discussing the best path forward following the fiasco of the past week. It is likely we will be migrating everything to a new host... again. This time though, we want to make sure that a) the transition is seamless, b) the new host is bullet proof and offers adequate support and c) that we have genuine expertise on board to make sure it all goes smoothly.

It is therefore quite likely that any new host will be somewhat more costly than the bargain basement host we've been using the past 2-1/2 years - although I do have to say that after the experience of the past week we definitely got what we paid for!

We should also have some funds on hand to provide compensation when truly professional assistance is required.

In the past, we have simply passed the hat via PayPal, but this time around I want to keep whatever funds are raised in this effort separate from my personal PayPal account in order to assure better accountability. To that end, I have opened a separate bank account exclusively for the funds that are raised in this effort.

If you're not comfortable using the GoFundMe platform, you can still use the PayPal button on the fusor.net/ index page, and I'll transfer the funds to GoFundMe for you. Just let me know if you want me to include your name in the funder listings.

But that's not all: I am also looking in to forming a 501c3 so that we can begin soliciting some real money for this enterprise. Some of the funds being raised here will be used to defray those expenses.

With sufficient funds in hand, I believe we can set ourselves up with more robust hosting and support, and pave the way for the next 20 years....

Thanks,

--PS
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television: 2023 Edition – https://amz.run/6ag1
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 60 years in the past and we missed it."

Return to “Announcements and Site Administration Topics”