O2, N2 and other Gases fusion test

It may be difficult to separate "theory" from "application," but let''s see if this helps facilitate the discussion.
Ali_Hassan

O2, N2 and other Gases fusion test

Post by Ali_Hassan »

Hi fusors,

I am wondering if any one have experiment to fuse O2, N2 and other Gases fusion.

Please share your experience if you did some.

Question from other pint of view, is it possible to fuse other gas atoms rather than Deuterium?

what if we insert N2 to the vacuum chamber, plasma will be created and positively charged Atoms will centralized near the inner negative grid?

will this create a new elements as it happen in accelerator or collider?

can the fusor function as small scale collider to create new heavier elements?

will collision of heavy atoms produce neutrons or other subatomic particles?

just questions came up in my mind...

Kind Regards
Ali Bukhamseen
Richard Hull

Re: O2, N2 and other Gases fusion test

Post by Richard Hull »

The only fusion gas possible to any private individual that will do fusion is deuterium. All the gasses you mention can not be fused on this planet. Get a book on fusion theory. Regular hydrogen gas,(protium), can't be fused on earth. Regular helium gas cannot be fused, either. Only in the core of very old stars can all gasses be fused. At the core of our sun, only a few gasses can be fused, it is not old enough to do all gasses in any amount.

Deuterium, Tritium and 3He are among the easy fusions here on earth. The only gas that we can get and fuse is deuterium!!

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

To further answer - fusion can and does produce heavier elements from lighter ones up to Iron (for net energy gain in nature; i.e. stars.) Ion colliders built both on the amateur level and professional level are fusion devices as well. But these devices use vast amounts of energy to produce trivial amounts of heavier elements and have essentially zero real energy output from the fusion process. But sure, build an accelerator and some heavier elements can be fused into even heavier elements still. Amateur's have used these to produce extremely tiny amounts of radioactive materials.

You appear to need to read up on how fusion occurs in our Sun via tunneling - an interesting process that is of no real use for any other fusion process.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Price out an accelerator that can fuse those heavier elemental gases. Got 50 million bucks? Well outside even the richest amateur budget. Again, even with the 50 million spent, no usable energy from their fusion.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Ali_Hassan

Post by Ali_Hassan »

Thanks for all of you that answered my wonders in a technical way. I really enjoyed reading such posts from you.

You are really hyper-professional in physics as a science in the universe that we live in.

I appreciate all of you and i am proud to be part of Fusors.

Regards
Ali Hassan
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

It all goes back to my now ancient description of the fusor.

The simple fusor, as constructed by the amateur scientist, is a deuteron accelerator/collider when seeking to understand its mission and various methodologies of doing fusion. In the same breath it is not an efficient engine for doing fusion. However, and by whatever method or methods, it does fusion!

Richard Hull
Ali_Hassan

Post by Ali_Hassan »

I wish a Happy New Year For you Richard, Dennis and all of the Fusors in this forum.

I Hope that this will be a blessed year for you, your Family and Loved ones.

Return to “Fusor and/or General Fusion Theory (& FAQs)”