Nuclear Fusion Engineering

A place to keep track of reference material - any particularly useful books, articles, etc. should be listed here.
simoneteodori

Nuclear Fusion Engineering

Post by simoneteodori »

this is my personal research in the field of nuclear fusion, it is a very mathematical and scientific document, I hope to be able to share it with you
Attachments
Nuclear Fusion Engineering.pdf
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 788 times
Richard Hull

Re: Nuclear Fusion Engineering

Post by Richard Hull »

The mathematics of fusion is, indeed well developed. Thanks for sharing the document.

The precise implementation and physical embodiment of the mathematics remain a dream insofar as controlled, useful energy from fusion is concerned.

These criteria are met on a worthless micro fusion energy scale with collisions in velocity space within our fusors, rather continuously. The math's criteria are also met to unbelievably tremendous energy output for microseconds in the embodiment of the hydrogen bomb.

I all complex mathematics, to fully explain and assist in doing fusion, all symbols that are not well established constants are unknowns to be filled in by the persons "turning the crank". Some equations can be turned around if the solution is known from experiment and complex unknowns solved for. Assumption and best guesses on unknowns can easily create "flyer" results. Finally, physical unknowns deeply enmeshed in the equation must often be determined by experiment. Often, experiment, to solve accurately, just one unknown might involve tens of thousands to millions of dollars and time to seek funding and assemble the kit needed. As is seen very clearly, regardless of the mathematics, a finished, working, energy producing reactor that the electrical companies might build is not even within reach in the near future.

Again, thanks for this complete fusion physics mathematical treatment.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Posting useful equations relative to plasma's is a worthy endeavor and a very good starting point. Thanks for the work.

I'd like to add a few comments relative to your work here so it could reach a wider audience and be more fully appreciated by more lay readers. In respect to this goal, maybe expand more on the examples; also, using real values for the plasma/ions and then 'cracking through' said equations that you listed would go a long way in that goal. Further, a few more words on the equations used to clarify their use would be in order to improve people's understanding.

You should consider this task since it would be extremely useful for those here that like modeling plasmas - as many know, modeling plasma's just doesn't cut it when it comes to real understanding of plasma dynamics envolved.

As an example of what I'm trying to get at that is in your first real example you simply give the D.E. solution's without showing the process (yes, I know - rather nontrivial effort but most people need that in order to understand your paper if you want to enlarge your audience from a few well versed physicist.) Further, you should consider proving that the the solutions work by resubstitution - again, a good bit or extra work but would go a long way towards teaching the subject you are trying to address. Such additions would be very useful for people here who are not familiar with solving D.E.'s. Also, you reduce one of the parameters by using an approximation but do not explain the justification nor limits of said approximation - unless someone is already familiar with that parameter this would baffle most readers.

Overall, seeing real world (but highly simplified) examples would add a great deal to your paper and by expanding on the details provide a powerful learning tool for people interested in this fascinating field of electro-magnetism.

In any case, do post more often. Maybe a narrow and specific example so people here can see a plasma physics problem in its true mathematical beauty.

Finally, do consider an introduction post so we can learn some about your goals here - someone with interest and appreciation of plasma dynamics would be a good poster here and such posts would be highly appreciated.
Alexander Ziemecki

Post by Alexander Ziemecki »

The attachment link doesn't work any more. Any way to get it back? Does anyone have a copy?
Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Post by Frank Sanns »

I looked through the orphaned files and some old archives from the site but it is no longer present. It had been downloaded 703 times by hundreds of people so it is out there somewhere.
Achiever's madness; when enough is still not enough. ---FS
We have to stop looking at the world through our physical eyes. The universe is NOT what we see. It is the quantum world that is real. The rest is just an electron illusion. ---FS
Alexander Ziemecki

Post by Alexander Ziemecki »

Thanks for looking Frank. I'll try to reach out to him and see if he still has a copy.

Return to “Books & References”