Hello from Maryland!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Michael_Dee

Hello from Maryland!

Post by Michael_Dee »

Hello everyone! I'm Michael. After a year or so of bumping into posts on this forum while doing research for hobby projects, I've decided to become a part of the community.

I first heard about fusor.net accidentally, as a couple years ago when I was interested in making an electron accelerator, a YouTube video on the topic mentioned the site. Seeing as I am a high school student who is preparing to go to college next fall, I unfortunately haven't had much time to turn that project into a reality. However, I recently came to the realization that I had gradually built much of the equipment required to begin constructing a fusor. While I possess some of the knowledge necessary for a project like this (vacuum systems, HV generation, etc.), I still need to look elsewhere for a significant bit of guidance. And, what better place to find that than here?

Anyhow, now that I'm frequenting the site, I have a better idea of how to go about this, and I look forward to learning even more from this community.
Dennis P Brown

Re: Hello from Maryland!

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Hello, I too am in Maryland (north of Baltimore.) If I can aid you in some ways, do ask.
Building an operating fusor can be a challenge since many issues can arise but with effort, it can be done and good luck.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”