Base level source - High voltage components, parts

Links to primary sources of hardware and other materials for the amateur scientist for assembly and operation of a fusion system. General useful supplies for the experimenter are also allowed. Make title specific to the URL supplied with any needed information.
Richard Hull

Base level source - High voltage components, parts

Post by Richard Hull »

I am loath to post this one. The reason being, we will be asked by a hundred newbies if this of that supply or component is good for a fusor. To use this source wisely, you must be proficient in high voltage supply construction and design. Lots of great, hard to get components at suitable prices for those capable and driven to make their own HV fusor supplies.

Note: this site caters to a lot of folks off in their own little world of spirit hunting, UFO hunting, divining, etc. However, this firm has been around since hector was a pup and are just following their American capitalist dream in supplying all who visit their site, from the guys with tin foil hats to serious builders of scientific gear. Gotta' feed the crazies and collect their money as well as take the dough from those who are amateur scientists and professionals. Sort of the ideal of covering all bases without regard to mental status of folks with cash in hand. I am just glad they don't sell dynamite.

I would advise to purchasing only HV components that you need. Never purchase plans for a death ray or a spirit medium detector or plans for anything they offer plans for. We have had negative comments on their plans as being based on theory rather than a working model. Please stick to buying only their HV parts.

Bottom line they have really good, usable HV stuff if you have the smarts to use it wisely and safely in your effort to make a suitable fusor supply.

https://www.amazing1.com/

I think in a number of past forum postings, Information Unlimited's URL has been posted. Now, it is in a great location for all future folk here to go to with ease.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Richard Hull

Re: Base level source - High voltage components, parts

Post by Richard Hull »

Special, bizarre and very useful HV feedthroughs for demo fusors and for ion gun HV extractor, etc. can be automotive spark plugs!!
You will have to poke about a bit, but on-line spark plug vendors for racing and special app plugs can produce a useable HV feed through with a little hack sawing or machining can produce a fine feed through. for well under $20.00. Note never buy a resistor plug. You want solid core only.

Just one site....

https://www.carid.com/ngk/laser-iridium ... 94201.html

I did a FAQ around using this plug.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=14100

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Joe Gayo

Post by Joe Gayo »

Many of these are metric straight threads ... there is a seller (only affiliation is I gave him the idea to offer this as a product) on eBay that offers a KF adapter for a common size.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/322480729252?h ... Swls5Y7YSG
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

High voltage silicone putty. A GC product on amazon. I have used this stuff for 20 years and nothing insulates HV corona leaks and arc reduction/prevention like this stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/GC-ELECTRONICS-1 ... B00DECQFFK

Richard Hull
Bob Reite

Post by Bob Reite »

HVStuff in China is back under this new web address:

http://hvspark.cn

They have ceramic "doorknob" capacitors, film capacitors, hv diodes, hv resistors for use as meter multipliers as well as hv cable and connectors.
The more reactive the materials, the more spectacular the failures.
The testing isn't over until the prototype is destroyed.

Return to “Primary Sources for Fusor Related Items”