Senior users, Admins and Moderator - help us make repairs

Announcements and items of immediate importance.
Richard Hull

Senior users, Admins and Moderator - help us make repairs

Post by Richard Hull » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:05 am

We currently have a few newly minted Senior users. They have a number of powers not granted others here. They have been chosen due to their time here, their contributions over that time and an assumed responsible nature to be awarded such titles. They are to not only serve as potent watch dogs, but also to hopefully assist in restoring their older, valuable images that might be lost during the move to Go Daddy. I have been doing this to my older missives and especially the FAQs over the last 3 months and have made a bit of dent in restoring my past work.

Again, if anyone has any of their old images which are no longer there, assemble the images and supply the URL of where they belong. Put them in a post in image du jour along with the URL. I or others will pick them up, put them in the correct old URL and then delete you post in images du jour after repairing your old post.

If you do this, it might be a bit of work on your part, but for us, it will create a flood of work. we are willing to do our bit, Are you?

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

John Futter

Re: Senior users, Admins and Moderator - help us make repairs

Post by John Futter » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:19 am

Richard
as one of the anointed
I have many pics, i have done a few searches of my name etc---
the problem is vast and i'm in the middle of a new home build so time is precious.
I will get to it when I can find one of my posts missing pics
for all of you out there, if you trip upon one of my posts that is missing the photos post or PM me and i'll fix

Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

Post by Paul_Schatzkin » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:31 pm

Over the next few weeks/months, I am going to more actively monitor the site than I have in the recent past, and as I see posts rising in the 'Active Topics' listings that have missing images, I'll reach out to the original post-ers and ask that they help us with the restoration of the disappeared images and files.

I did that last night with Vince Darmancier's "Neptunium Progress" thread though I don't know if he's seen my reply post yet.

More to come.

Thank you all for whatever assist you can lend.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television - http://farnovision.com/book.html
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 50 years in the past and we missed it."

Andrew Robinson

Post by Andrew Robinson » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:12 am

John this list will help. This is every image that is currently missing and a generated link to visit the topic where the image resides. If I have time I may be able to write some more specific SQL to pull lists for individual users so you have a list of your own work. Now that I think of it, perhaps this would be worth the effort as we could see which contributions have gone missing the most and thus know where we need to focus efforts. Perhaps I will have some time this weekend to take a look at that. Until then, here is the master list. Keep in mind, some of these may already be repaired.
Attachments
List.xlsx
Missing file list
(201.28 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the professor!

Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:04 am

I too have repaired many, thus far of my own posts. Many times I have created new, better, and more thoughtful diagrams that were put in the original FAQs back in 2004-2010 time frame. This is good news and better news for the newbies as I got a second chance to make things better that the original. I never re-wrote the FAQ but just supplied newer updated, more plain and understandable diagrams and images. The horror is that many posts with images submitted by so very many of our early superior posters might never be recovered. Hopefully, over time, we might be able to get at all those early images. Amoung the best were those posted of self-designed, superior amps, preamps and spectro amps drawn and given to us by Richard Hester.

We did not have an introduction forum back in 2001. I think I found what would be Richard's first introductory post. If you read it, you can see he was a claiming a very broad background. Somethong he would prove many times over with a schematic of his design that fit perfectly into fusion nuclear measurement systems. here it is.......

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1182&p=8403&hilit= ... ster#p8403

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.