I want to help fix fusor.net!! (join up listing)

Announcements and items of immediate importance.
Richard Hull

I want to help fix fusor.net!! (join up listing)

Post by Richard Hull » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:44 am

This is a repository of the names of those willing to help repair their old posts by replacing or updating their missing attachments.
Here is how it is done once you have privileges granted.

Go to your damaged report. click on the "pencil icon" to edit your post. Scroll all the way down to the Attachments tab and click on "add files". Have you new or original attachments in mind. now, delete all the old files. Now re-click on "add files" a blank line will open and now start to re-insert you new images and attachments one by one. once done, click submit above and your old post will have the new images attached.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
If you have the guts and verve to wish to repair some of you old post's attachments that have gone missing just reply and simple state "Billy Jones wants editing privileges" and close it out.
In this matter, we will have a list of folks who stand ready to help out should the admins desire to give you the editing privilege.
NOTE: All of the powers that be here take the editing privilege as a sacred gift.
If you should be granted this gift, do not abuse it! Never ever delete one of your own posts. Feel free to correct spelling, punctuation or to add text to make the post more clear in your second pass.
Remember, your main mission is to delete the old, now failed, attachments and re-install your images or any new ones that you feel would further enhance your post.
*************************************************************************************************************************************

To join this group of helpers, Just reply to this message and type one line.....

I, John Smith want my personal editing privileges restored

hit submit.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

Re: I want to help fix fusor.net!! (join up listing)

Post by Paul_Schatzkin » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:16 pm

If anybody wants to sign up for this mission, great, we might still need some help but first...

For once we've got some good news about all this: after about 2 hours of digital spelunking this afternoon, we have finally found a trove of image files from one of the earlier iterations of the fusor.net site.

We still haven't figured out precisely how we are going to reconcile what we've found with the database that delivers images to the posts, but at least we have a lot of previously-thought-to-be-lost images to work with.

If it does come down to the kind of manual, post-by-post effort that Richard is anticipating, we'll need all the help we can get.

Thanks,

--_S
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television - http://farnovision.com/book.html
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 50 years in the past and we missed it."

John Futter

Post by John Futter » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:48 pm

I John Futter want my editing privileges restored

Bob Reite

Post by Bob Reite » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:35 am

I Bob Reite want my editing privileges restored.
The more reactive the materials, the more spectacular the failures.
The testing isn't over until the prototype is destroyed.