HEAS Conference photo album for sale

Use this forum to offer items for sale.
David Rosignoli

HEAS Conference photo album for sale

Post by David Rosignoli » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:49 am

I have put together a photo album of HEAS conferences from 2001 to 2018. See the cover below. If anyone is interested in a copy, it runs somewhere around $40 to $50. Since this is from Shutterfly the price varies depending on what sale they are running. It is 43 pages long. If you are interested in a copy just shoot me an email.
Thanks,
Dave
Attachments
HEAS.JPG

Rex Allers

Re: HEAS Conference photo album for sale

Post by Rex Allers » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:46 am

Wow, that's pretty steep pricewise.

Is it a profit goal or is there some intrinsic cost I'm not seeing?

I'm a Vietnam vet and just finished updating a DVD we did years ago. Filled with video one guy recorded.
Price per DVD on the latest batch ~ $2 ea to make on my late timeline.

To share, we could go for a small profit but having made them, we usually give them away.

Is your price just what you think the market will bear?

I prefer as much open sharing as possible. I really hate the profit barriers on the many "Professional" sites , much of which came from public funds.

Am I ranting too much this evening?
Rex Allers

Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:03 am

Dave made me a gift of this book. A one off, if you will. It is fantastic! I was stunned when he told me this rather substantial hard covered, professionally bound one off book of 100% high resolution color images when put on a rush job and fast shipping cost him only $60.00. Total print run....1 copy only!!!

I advised him to contact the publisher and find out where a price break on this tome came in a quantity order. He may not have done that yet. Thus, his guesstimate on a final price. He is not doing this for profit. It is a mere feeler to see what interest or lack there of might be out there. If only one or two want the book, yes, it might be as much as $50 but if some sort of well spring of interest is out there the price might moderate a good bit.

I personally treasure this fine gift of Dave's long time friendship and urged him to make this fine compilation available to others. It was a great idea and executed with precision and amazing color clarity. I believe he is just looking to cover costs. Remember, I pushed him into doing this.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

David Rosignoli

Post by David Rosignoli » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:00 am

Rex,
The photos are free. Most of them can be found on this site. What you are paying for is the physical book. I make no profit on this.
A bulk order would lower the cost to $39.21. That is for a nice hard cover copy. I can get that knocked down to $32.87 for a soft cover copy.
That is what it would cost me to get them. Then add a few bucks for me to ship it to you. These are from Shutterfly which has a pretty good service.
If you think I am making up prices then you can look at their website or go to places that print albums (you can even try Walgreens) to get an idea of the prices. These are comparable prices.

Richard's copy was more expensive because it was expedited (I waited too long to assemble it) for the this HEAS conference, and because it was a one off.
Thanks,
Dave

Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:55 am

For what it is worth, I constantly lost track of the book at the HEAS event as folks were grabbing it and looking at it all day and coming to me asking where I got it. They wanted one too. When I wanted to show it to some one, it had been moved repeatedly from where I left it in the lab. This book is professionally finished with very thick heavy paper pages with color that really pops out at you. Someone mentioned it is like a "coffee table book " of the 21st century HEAS events. We will see what kind of response Dave gets. It's out there, take it or leave it.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Rex Allers

Post by Rex Allers » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:41 am

I understand now.

Just from the poster's name, I should have been able to extrapolate why the price.

Thanks for the clarifications, and thanks for putting forth the effort to create this.
Rex Allers

Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:01 pm

Dave, if you do get enough response to make a small or large bulk order, I want another copy to give to a close friend. You have one standing order from me, for sure.

Richard

Daniel Firth

Post by Daniel Firth » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:23 am

I've never attended HEAS, which is a regret of mine. Since I collect various oddities and rarities, from retrocomputing items to nuclear/atomic memorabilia, and am a fusioneer, I'm interested.

I can wait a bit to see if there's interest in a bulk buy, but if not, I'm down for a hardcover copy at the going rate.

David, I can only see an option to send you a private message. Is that OK?

David Rosignoli

Post by David Rosignoli » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:44 am

Sure thing. Email me offline your address. I plan to order on Tuesday just to see if anyone else responds.
Thanks,
Dave

David Rosignoli

Post by David Rosignoli » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:18 am

I can get the bulk price of $39.21 if I order 10 copies shipped to me. (Then I will ship to you.) But I only have 4 orders so far.
With only 4 orders, then it is like ordering one copy which is $52.95. Shutterfly constantly has discounts. So, I would suggest waiting longer before ordering unless y'all are in a rush to get it.
Thanks,
Dave