MKS 901P Transducer Echoing But Not Replying to Commands

For Short Term Learning Discussions ONLY. This area is for CURSORY questions and connecting with other users ONLY. ALL technical contributions need to be made in the appropriate forums and NOT HERE. All posts are temporary and will be deleted within weeks or months. You should have already search the extensive FAQs in each of the forums before posting here as your question may already be answered.
Maxwell_Epstein

MKS 901P Transducer Echoing But Not Replying to Commands

Post by Maxwell_Epstein »

Hello all!

After my last question, I have bought and am beginning to experiment with an MKS 901P transducer gauge with a DB-15 serial interface. I am powering it with 9V and have tested that its analog output works perfectly and has even bottomed out when attached directly to my turbopump.

I have had some trouble getting serial communication working, though. I am using a usb to DB9 converter (with an FDTI chipset) plugged into my laptop and am running two wires from that DB9 to the communication pins on the 901P. I have tried using both puTTY and ScriptCommunicator and have gotten the device to echo keystrokes both times, but it has not responded to commands sent at any baud rate.

I don't really know where to go from here, and would appreciate any advice that you can give.

Thank you!
Max E.
See my needlessly verbose fusor blog here: https://highschool-fusioneer.medium.com/!

Return to “New User Chat Area”