Modified Fusor System & Test on Pre-Amp

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Dennis P Brown

Modified Fusor System & Test on Pre-Amp

Post by Dennis P Brown »

I changed a few things on the fusor system. Raised the main High Voltage power supply and I added some extra shielding (underneath) but removed the front shielding for clarity.

I purchased a Ortec Pre-amp to work with my NIM TC-243 unit awhile ago and decided to test it (it has a test port.) Looks to be working from what I understand. The pre-amp has cap selection but all they appear to do is reduce the output pulse size.

Fairly sure the 243 is dead, now. Strange it would just fail but beyond my ability to test. So, guess I might replace it later.
Attachments
Fusor system
Fusor system
PreAmp
PreAmp
Signal output with saw tooth input (at test BNC)
Signal output with saw tooth input (at test BNC)
Richard Hull

Re: Modified Fusor System & Test on Pre-Amp

Post by Richard Hull »

Looks like it is working fine to me.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Dennis P Brown

Re: Modified Fusor System & Test on Pre-Amp

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Thank you - again. As someone that struggles with elementary electronics and is lost on amps, I appreciate the feed-back!

I do like that this pre-amp has transistors (yea!) and no chips! A unit I can actually understand. :)

Return to “Images du Jour”