Cyclotron Videos

Post links to other interesting fusion or alternate energy sites here.
Scott Moroch

Cyclotron Videos

Post by Scott Moroch »

I am sharing this set of fantastic videos on cyclotrons on behalf of Tim Koeth. This is a first set of 9 videos (season 1, if you like), that use Tim's 12" cyclotron to learn about every subsystem of the accelerator - the magnet, RF system, vacuum systems, ion sources, etc.

The videos are designed to appeal to a broad audience. Each episode starts with the basics and then gets more advanced. Some of the information is extremely relevant for the fusor community - particularly the vacuum episode.

I assisted with some of the cyclotron simulations shown in the videos and have watched this series develop over the past 2 years.

https://youtu.be/3aoP0XH1Ffg

Enjoy!

-Scott
"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity"
-Albert Einstein
Jim Kovalchick

Re: Cyclotron Videos

Post by Jim Kovalchick »

Scott,
I binged watched these over the weekend, and loved them. They are very well done. Nice job on the simulations.

Jim
Richard Hull

Re: Cyclotron Videos

Post by Richard Hull »

Really fabulous work! I know of such efforts, as I produced a series of 70, 2-hour video reports on the work done by our Richmond groups work (TCBOR) with Tesla coils from July 1989 until 2000. I used the Amiga and its video toaster for many of the illustrations and animations in instructional segments. I was a one man team then. The many hundreds of videos were sent to hundreds of Tesla enthusiasts in over 6 countries.

Such efforts to share knowledge are a loves labor, as you now know. The work is tedious and taxing and a job for inspired youth, for the most part. The finished work product is something special for those involved and a testament of their effort to share a rare experience with others.

Again fabulous work! You and all involved have a right to be very proud.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Interesting Links”