Pathetically Simple Charge Sensitive Amplifier

Members may post files they wish to share here.
Richard Hester

Pathetically Simple Charge Sensitive Amplifier

Post by Richard Hester »

Attached is a file describing a simple charge sensitive amplifier designed and built in the space of about an hour. It performs admirably well for such a simple circuit, and may have me rethinking some of my approaches to detector electronics.
Attachments
493.simple_CSA.pdf
(17.29 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
JoeBallantyne

Re: Pathetically Simple Charge Sensitive Amplifier

Post by JoeBallantyne »

Looks like this file has been lost. Anyone have a copy that they downloaded so we could get it restored?

Thanks.

Joe
Jon Rosenstiel

Post by Jon Rosenstiel »

493.simple_CSA.pdf
(17.29 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Considering this is from 2003. Why is s photo needed? it is simplicity itself. designed and posted by one of the best of the best electronics guys to every touch down here. It really works take his word for it. Included scope trace is his proof.

A small perf board maybe 1X2 inches could house the entire circuit. The tough item, for the non-electronic type, is the 2pf 2-3kv cap on the input feedback line. Could be kluged with a twisted teflon wire twisted pair, tuned in using a capacitance meter. Normally, in manufactured units this is a pair of 1/4" square plates between a block of glass in epoxy.

Layout is not critical, no custom PC board needed.

Thanks Jon for re-posting the PDF, I copied it into four folders of this computer hooked to the internet and into 2-3 folders on all 4 of my other computers that have never and will never see the internet. Also loaded onto 3 thumb drives...... also used snipping tool to save as a Jpeg in many places. (belt and suspenders).... Too valuable a solution to ever go missing again.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Oops - didn't see the time stamp. So, not relevant now. ;)
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

I make this mistake all the time. You are not alone.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Files”