Introduction

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Rayan Alyousef

Introduction

Post by Rayan Alyousef »

Hi there! I'm a 17 year old from Toronto Canada. I discovered fusor.net from a friend who built a fusor that achieved plasma a while back. In the past year I've been researching large scale fusion reactions like Magnetic & Inertial confinement. I written several articles during this time as well. I got tired of learning about fusion in theory, and wanted to get more hands on. So I'm building a fusor. The current goal is just to sustain a plasma with deuterium ions. But in the future I may upgrade the project and go for some legit fusion. Really looking forward to the journey ahead. I'd love to hear about everyones journeys into the world of fusion as well!
Rayan Alyousef

Re: Introduction

Post by Rayan Alyousef »

Ps. In the past few months I've specifically been researching lithium blanket breeding in large scale tokamaks and the viability for them to supply commercial reactors!
Richard Hull

Re: Introduction

Post by Richard Hull »

Welcome to the forums.

Without dragging reality into the picture or creating a long discussion here in the introduction, you realize the lithium blanket in a Tokamak has not been done yet. It is a hoped for way to breed tritium. No tokamak on earth has ever done fusion for more than a few seconds, and what's more, none have ever produced more fusion energy output that was used due to the power put into the reaction. (net energy loss)

The FAQs under fusion theory here might be helpful to study. Also check out the forum on fusion past, present and future

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”