Emma - Fusor Number 1. First deuterium run

Current images of fusor efforts, components, etc. Try to continuously update from your name, a current photo using edit function. Title post with your name once only. Change image and text as needed. See first posting for details.
Emma Black

Re: Emma - Fusor Number 1. First deuterium run

Post by Emma Black »

A few little improvements:

After a good deal cropped up on ebay I bit the bullet and switched over to a little turbo. For now its just using the existing hose from the big diffusion pump and the adaptor that came with it, so far so good. It's connected to a bench 80v power supply and an analog 0-10v voltmeter to measure the speed. Compared with the with the cooling issues, startup time and power supply requirements of the old pump this little thing is so much more convenient to use.
The grey cable wrapped around everything is reptile heating cable, which I've been as a heater to help bake things out.
IMG_3412.jpeg
Second change was to switch over to two 901P vacuum transducers from the edwards pirani gauge I had been using before. Following several of the very useful posts on here I connected them via serial and was able to instruct the transducer to emulate the old unit. I think this just changes its output voltage curve but it meant I could use the my existing Edwards analog gauge controller. This simply involved adding an RJ45 plug to to the new gauge and it was plug and play from there.
s-l500.jpeg
IMG_3396 (1).jpeg
Finally everything has been getting some TLC, the leak valve controls got a nice little enclosure, the variac got a new dial and a ton of cable management has been happening to overall tidy up a bit of the mess.
IMG_3439.jpeg

Return to “Images du Jour”