Simeon Pennisi

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Simeon Pennisi

Simeon Pennisi

Post by Simeon Pennisi »

Hi, I'm Simeon Pennisi (sih-mee-uhn, and the last name is Italian like Fermi)

I'm currently a student at ASU and I have very recently changed from a business major to electrical engineering, however I plan to matriculate to the nuclear engineering masters program at the University of Tennessee (I live in East Tennessee already).

You could say that I'm going into the family business since my dad was a reactor operator in the navy, and went on to work with neutrons at ORNL. So, I grew up hearing a lot of stories about not only fission power, but the potential for fusion power when it becomes commercially viable.

Although I was happy enough as a business major, over the past year the course of international events and the growing global commitment to address climate issues made me want to be a part of something moves humanity forward. In the near term I see the continued maintenance of fission power plants as the best approach to the issue of creating a sustainable energy supply. I feel that the technological basis for creating usable fusion power is becoming established, and I'm extremely excited by the possibility of helping to make that a reality.
Liam David

Re: Simeon Pennisi

Post by Liam David »

Welcome to the forums, Simeon. Are you planning to build a fusor? Being an electrical engineer and with some family history, it seems you already have some of the requisite skills under your belt. Good luck in pursuing your masters also!

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”