Missing images again

Announcements and items of immediate importance.
Tyler Meagher

Missing images again

Post by Tyler Meagher »

My images from my posts are missing again. Is it just me or is this happening to others again?

For example:

viewtopic.php?p=82296#p82296
viewtopic.php?p=79293#p79293

Tyler
Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Re: Missing images again

Post by Frank Sanns »

No changes on our end. I will be back at a computer tomorrow and will look into it. Everything should be good as we have a complete pyramid of backups.
Achiever's madness; when enough is still not enough. ---FS
We have to stop looking at the world through our physical eyes. The universe is NOT what we see. It is the quantum world that is real. The rest is just an electron illusion. ---FS
Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

Post by Paul_Schatzkin »

I am looking at several other posts in different sections and so far all images are appearing as they should – elsewhere, at least.

Tyler, I looked at another of your threads and the images are intact. For example, this one:

viewtopic.php?p=97916#p97916

I can't tell what might be the issue on the thread you've highlighted here but I do see the posts are from 2019 - well before the last implosion (in Jan/Feb 22).

Are you sure you restored the images in those 2019 posts?

--PS
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television: 2023 Edition – https://amz.run/6ag1
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 60 years in the past and we missed it."
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Look at the dates of the postings (originals) 2019 was way back in the land of lost images. They have been gone...long, long gone. Look at the date of the post still with images. 2023 No posts have lost images since the coalman left. many images were lost in two separate back up faux pas. 2017-2022.
I lost hundreds of images and spent hundreds of hours over the two separate loss periods restoring them. If your stuff is gone and there are no edit privileges, they are gone forever, unless someone offers to put them back up for you. Or if you have the old images you might be given privileges for a short period if all the lost images are important to you.

We had a very rough patch between then and now. Much was lost.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Tyler Meagher

Post by Tyler Meagher »

I restored all my lost images once back in May 2020. I still have all the photos so I can restore them again if you give me the ability to edit my posts for a few days.

Tyler
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

That would be Frank or the perfesser. I have zero administrative skills or access to same. I am a moderator and not an administrator.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

Post by Paul_Schatzkin »

I'm on it.

Tyler, please check your Private Messages.

Thanks,

--PS
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television: 2023 Edition – https://amz.run/6ag1
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 60 years in the past and we missed it."
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

I constantly roam over my older posts made during this dark age 2017-2022 here. This thread had me poke around and I found a key post of mine in the forum on control and instrumentation.
All of my images were missing on two of my posts. I have restored them now. They were in my post giving details of the Arduino for the fusioneer.
I am use to this now and continue to troll for lost stuff in my older posts.

Richard Hull

Return to “Announcements and Site Administration Topics”