New User - Hello!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Trent_Madej

New User - Hello!

Post by Trent_Madej »

Hello, my name is Trent Madej and I am interested in Fusion. I do need to learn a lot because I do not have very much knowledge of nuclear physics and physics in general. I want to build my own fusion reactor and I'm going to need a little bit of help learning from people on this forum to see what I need to know and what I need to buy to build my first reactor. If you can point me in the right direction regarding where to read about the basics of nuclear physics, I would very much appreciate it
Ryan Ginter

Re: New User - Hello!

Post by Ryan Ginter »

I don't believe anyone on this forum has interest in guiding people through the process. Rather, the capacity for independent study is valued. Anyone can follow a recipe, even if they don't comprehend why the process is required.

This is a very dangerous thing in the world of high energy physics, not knowing why things need done can result in an untimely death, or unknowingly harming others. That's not to say you should be discouraged from working towards it. Instead, be sure to spend the proper time building upon the fundamentals of the physical sciences.

Once you have a more complete understanding of entry level physics be sure to read over all of the FAQs on this forum. They do not serve as instructions, but rather direct you to which areas will require independent study.

As long as you understand the underlying physics of what you're attempting, I'm certain the folks on this forum would be happy to give advice pertaining to the physical construction and assist in any odd issues that pop up along the way.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”