Good morning from Austria

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Harald Holzapfel

Good morning from Austria

Post by Harald Holzapfel »

Good morning from Austria. I would like to introduce myself briefly. My name is Harald Holzer. I have been reading here for some time, but never found the time to actively participate.
I have studied chemistry and physics a long time ago. Since my student days, I have been interested in measuring radioactivity and collecting and repairing - mainly older, decommissioned instruments, but also new ones.
Unfortunately, my bread-and-butter job takes up a lot of my time, so I can only devote myself to my hobbies on an irregular basis.
Richard Hull

Re: Good morning from Austria

Post by Richard Hull »

Welcome. It can be hard to find time for in depth hobby efforts when one is hard at work trying to pay bills, etc. Give the effort what time you have that meets your needs.

As you may have noticed I do a lot of restoration on old radiation measurement instruments. It is a fun hobby in retirement.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

Re: Good morning from Austria

Post by Paul_Schatzkin »

Hi Harald,

Thanks for getting yourself squared away here.

I hope you find some use for all the info here.

--P
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television: 2023 Edition – https://amz.run/6ag1
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 60 years in the past and we missed it."

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”