Hello from New York

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Jim Hoolan

Hello from New York

Post by Jim Hoolan »

Hello Everyone,
I found this forum looking for information on fusion. I have always had an interest in science, but never had the opportunity for any formal training. As an automotive technician for over 30 years, I have seen many changes in the industry. From gas engines to diesel engine technology, I.e. high pressure oil injection to high pressure fuel it has been very interesting. Now with the development of e.v its is getting even more interesting which way it will go. When the first hybrid vehicles came out in the early 2000's its was very impressive how science and technology evolves. Now with the announcement of sustainable fusion and production it is only am matter of time before we are seeing it in the automotive world. In my first few attempts to crete an account and answer the question it took me sometime. I needed to do my research and in do so was learned many new things which has sparked a whole new interest. Look forward to reading the forums and learning as much as possible. I hope im not to far of track.
JoeBallantyne

Re: Hello from New York

Post by JoeBallantyne »

Welcome Jim!
Richard Hull

Re: Hello from New York

Post by Richard Hull »

Welcome to the forums, where fusion is done easily by amateur scientists and dreams of power ready fusion are turned into just that, dreams.
We are assuming you are a hands-on kinda' guy. That means reason and logic are within your grasp in a world filled with both pipe dreams and hard nosed realities.

The FAQs here will teach you a lot. You might try reading this one first.

viewtopic.php?p=95432&hilit=pdf#p95432

This posting, below, tells why we have seen more folks show up here recently due to the NIF's recent lie about fusion being done with a Q over 1.

viewtopic.php?t=14706

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”