Greetings From West Virginia

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Carl West

Greetings From West Virginia

Post by Carl West »

Hello everyone,

I don’t know exactly how it happened, but I managed to fall down the fusor rabbit hole (or should we call it a potential well?) over the past couple of months and landed here.

I’ve since found myself to be a voracious consumer of the absolute treasure trove of information and expertise to be found on these forums. The newbie FAQs and PDFs have been particularly edifying.

Time, money, and wife permitting, I’d like to start my own small fusor project in the near future. There is something about at-home, bench-top nuclear fusion that finds purchase with my heart. :)

Some background: I’m 35 years old, with an AAS in Electrical Engineering. I’ve been employed in technical fields (manufacturing/engineering technician) since 2010. I have experience with high voltages, soldering, circuit assembly, and vacuum pumps, etc, which I believe will lend itself nicely to my future ventures with fusors.

Thanks all. I’ve benefited greatly from you already and hope to join your ranks eventually.
Jim Kovalchick

Re: Greetings From West Virginia

Post by Jim Kovalchick »

Welcome to the forum. You seem to have the right background for fusing. Good luck with your work. We look forward to your success and contributions to the forum.

Jim Kovalchick
Rich Feldman

Post by Rich Feldman »

Welcome to the forum, Carl!
How did you get a state named after you?
All models are wrong; some models are useful. -- George Box
Carl West

Post by Carl West »

Thanks for the greetings.

Rich, only about $5,000,000 is standing between you and a state named Feldmichigan.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”