Greetings from Norway!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Thomas Rodland

Greetings from Norway!

Post by Thomas Rodland »

Greetings from Norway!

I'm Thomas, and im 15 years of age and a junior high school student (Is that what you call it in america?). I have a large interest in physics, rocketry, atomic physics, and similar things. I've recently had my interest in fusion energy spark up again, so i decided to try and build a farnsworth fusor.

The fusor im currently building is a Demo-Fusor, that will only make a plasma and not undergo actual nuclear fusion. However, im planning on making it capable of doing fusion in the next year or so. The current status of my fusor, as of now, is that i have completed everything except for the power supply itself. The main chamber is a half a centimeter thick glass cylinder 15cm in diameter with half a centimiter thick aluminium plates bolted together from both sides of the glass cylinder. My vacuum pump is a 2 stage RS-1 vacuum pump capable of a 30 micron vacuum.

The only thing missing for my fusor as of posting this, is my power supply which is on its way here and will probably arrive in the next month or so. The power supply im using will be able to create 12Kv DC and a couple milliamps, but im thinking of upgrading ut when im going to go for fusion.

i have done several tests with my current chamber, and it seems to hold a vacuum of 30 microns almost perfectly. I will most likely post another comment on this forum for when my power supply arrives and i can start testing.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”