Guten Morgen from Germany

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Alex Kahn

Guten Morgen from Germany

Post by Alex Kahn »

WOW, an amateur Nuclear Fusion Forum!
I’m in!

I almost didn’t believe it and read a couple of things here in this FAQ and beginner section and now it make sense to me what’s going on.
Still an unexpected encounter but a very interesting one and Fusor wise quite feasible as well. Maybe I build one next year.

I came here for the Thread about the Edwards E2M5 vacuum pump. Same model that I have and in need for maintenance.

Usually I spend a lot of time in my garage and do stuff. Some of the last projects where mainly the nuts and bolts restauration of my 30 yr old Fiat Panda 4x4 car (my big love). Then I got interrupted with an interesting energy topic and stumbled upon these nice LiFePO4 battery technology. I’m almost done with a full Off Grid Garage conversion and built DIY batteries and some other stuff to manage a 3phase 12kW soon.
Then I got interrupted again. It was getting cold and this energy crisis we have is hitting commercially as well. So I decided to install a split climate system to my garage and of course put it to operation the proper way. Here the vacuum aspects crosslines kind of the Fusor stuff. We both need pretty good vacuum 😉

However, I’m from Germany, engineer by background and read in my youth long hours about nuclear fission and the physics behind it. Fascinating to me still today.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”