Balzers EVN 10 H1 Gas Dosing Valve

For Short Term Learning Discussions ONLY. This area is for CURSORY questions and connecting with other users ONLY. ALL technical contributions need to be made in the appropriate forums and NOT HERE. All posts are temporary and will be deleted within weeks or months. You should have already search the extensive FAQs in each of the forums before posting here as your question may already be answered.
Uli Seiler

Balzers EVN 10 H1 Gas Dosing Valve

Post by Uli Seiler »

Hello to Everybody,
Found a Balzers EVN 10 H1 Gas Dosing Valve on Ebay, seems to be quite old but in Working Condition. But the final Stopp (on closing) is several Turns below the on case marked Zero Line. But It opens the gas flow above the marked Zero Line. (So there are three to four turns of no visible function... - at least not with the instrumentation i have so far...) Is there a Way to correct this? Has anybody some Data or even better a Manual for this specific Valve? Or in general about Gas dosing Valves?
Thanks in advance!
P.S. Locating affordable Vacuum parts is going more slowly than expected...
Uli Seiler
Dan Knapp

Re: Balzers EVN 10 H1 Gas Dosing Valve

Post by Dan Knapp »

A quick Google search turned up info on other EVN valves that appear to be similar, including some manuals for them. While not exactly the same as yours, the construction is similar. Finding info on old equipment is a sleuthing game. Blazers is now Pfeiffer.
Uli Seiler

Post by Uli Seiler »

Thanks a Lot!
I'm still so slow to understand english. What i missed in my search was "EVN". Since I'm german I always try to find information about things of course in german...(much easier for me to understand). And believe it or not, even if a lot of the big players in VAC business are originating from germany - they make a big secret about their products... - so stupid! So far I found more Manuals and Info on Lesker and other american sites - linked here... .
Last (- maybe not really...) Question what does EVN in the vacuum world mean? (I found only "explosion relief valve" on google...)
Uli
Rex Allers

Post by Rex Allers »

I happened on a pdf doc (IAEA-TECDOC-913 -- 1996) that seems interesting about fusor stuff in general but has one section about "DEUTERIUM LEAKS" that has a few pages about the "BALZERS EVN 010 HI". (starts pg 67)

Doc title:
"Manual for troubleshooting and upgrading of neutron generators"

Link:
https://www.osti.gov/etdeweb/servlets/purl/448860

I never found the manual for the valve that the doc references but it must be out there somewhere.

PS. I think "EVN" is just a manufacturer nomenclature, not a general vacuum term.
Rex Allers
JoeBallantyne

Post by JoeBallantyne »

This is the same document I recently uploaded to fusor.net as a reference.

viewtopic.php?p=97210#p97210

Joe.
Uli Seiler

Post by Uli Seiler »

Many Thanks a Lot to both of You!
Very informative Reading! This Theory Part of Fusor.net I've never really noticed before. Too busy with trying to understand the Basics... .
And in the Meantime (my Background Noise... '-) (and so much nicer Noise than the squeaking of my first China Refr. Pump) to get my Ebay found old Edwards Pump back to decent Vacuum Levels. Thanks a lot for all the information posted here in the "Beginners Section". We've started with dissappointing 200Microns, but now (after several Oil Changes - Color Results You all can imagine...) it's coming back to business with 45Microns in my new chamber. As you all told me (but apparently i wanted to try myself...) Acrylic is not really suitable for vacuum. Now i'm going for ssteal... (Ebay I'm coming...).
Uli

Return to “New User Chat Area”