Hi im Miles Duncan

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Miles Duncan

Hi im Miles Duncan

Post by Miles Duncan »

I am 16 years old currently and am building a nuclear fusor to enter into a science fair. In the past two years I have had an interest in building a nuclear fusor but finally have both the money and knowledge to do so.

I have been browsing this website for a while, but now I have questions to ask about the construction of my fusor chamber.

Excited to be joining this community.
Dennis P Brown

Re: Hi im Miles Duncan

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Welcome and do ask your questions after reading related FAQ's that are posted at each related fusor forum section.

For instance, general questions on power supply and related high voltage issues can be found in the "High Voltage - Fusor Input Power (& FAQs)" header. Then research under the FAQ section - read as many as you need in the area of your question before posting a request.

Take note: real fusor's use lethal power supplies and as such, zero mistakes can be made. Working with a relatively safe neon sign transformer (NST) is the first and best method to learn about high voltage. So building a fusor chamber powered by a NST is your best (and likely fastest) road to building a real fusor. Learning by doing is essential - unless you have money to burn to buy a turn-key system - building a real fusor takes time and experience.

In any case, questions on specific pieces of equipment are best asked on-line.
russssellcrow

Re: Hi im Miles Duncan

Post by russssellcrow »

Hello Miles, welcome aboard!

This is quite a journey you have begun. You will have many questions, and fusor.net is a great place to get some answers from people who have been down this road.

Generally, you will want to read the FAQs. Once you begin construction, you can start a thread in Fusor Construction & Design (FAQs) to post pics and descriptions about what you are doing to document your progress. You will get plenty of feedback, so have a thick skin.

Good luck and light it up!

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”