Hello I'm Taylor

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Taylor_Romain

Hello I'm Taylor

Post by Taylor_Romain »

Hello I'm Taylor, I'm 22 from Florida.

I'm currently a college student majoring in Electrical Engineering and I work as a Chemistry Laboratory Assistant at a community college.

I currently am working on a DEMO fusor that will run on 15kV-20kV of power to observe a plasma. I'll be using a Diffusion Pump (probably from Duniway.com) as my primary vacuum source in series with a 2 stage roughing pump. I began this project by purchasing a 6-Way Cross through ebay to get familiar with using a conflat (flanges, bolts, copper gaskets, etc). My next big objective is to figure how to generate high voltage in a safe and controlled manner.

This website is awesome and shares rich user experience in a open source community.

Taylor
Richard Hull

Re: Hello I'm Taylor

Post by Richard Hull »

Welcome Taylor. It sounds like you are off to a good start here and are willing to dive in as needed in your quest. Reading the FAQs should clear up a lot of questions.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”