I'm New and I'm Old and I am Interested in Neutrons

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Michael Driscoll

I'm New and I'm Old and I am Interested in Neutrons

Post by Michael Driscoll »

I'm 68 and have been interested in non-organic chemistry, microprocessors (Made a living programming), guns, and fireworks my whole life. I have retired and have been re-getting into Nuclear Physics for about the last two years.

I am here primarily to learn how to detect neutrons from my PO and AM with Be sources using a HE3 tube.

Mike D.
Richard Hull

Re: I'm New and I'm Old and I am Interested in Neutrons

Post by Richard Hull »

It is our policy to not give advice or assistance to anyone related to the assembly of any radioisotope neutron source!
This has been our stance from the beginning of this site.
It is an illegal procedure under NRC regulations.
We will not take part in advising anyone nor recommending such activities here.
Anyone giving such advice or assisting in any manner will have all posts related to it deleted.
If neutrons are needed, you might consider building a fusor, as there is no handling of long lived radioisotopes involved.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”