Request for Data

This area is for ADVANCED theory and discussions only. If you just joined fusor.net, chances are this is NOT the area for you to be posting.
Liam David

Request for Data

Post by Liam David »

I have a few suspicions about why the efficiency of my system is critically dependent on one or two variables. Unfortunately, I'm away from my lab until winter break and so cannot test my hypotheses. I'm hoping that some here, especially but not limited to those with cube systems and linear cathodes, would be willing to run a relatively simple experiment.

The experiment is simply to measure the neutron output as a function of voltage and current for all combinations. For example, at 20, 25, 30, ..., 70 kV and 1, 2, ..., 16 mA, generating a 2D matrix of values so that I could generate plots as I did here: viewtopic.php?p=96509#p96509. Ideally, the runs would be long enough to generate statistically significant data. A roughly constant chamber temperature is also somewhat important.

Supporting data that I would need include the cathode and chamber dimensions, and the pressure range during experiments, ideally corrected for deuterium. I'll likely run several plasma simulations to complement any reported data. If I find anything critical that could help others improve their fusors, I'll report them below.
Jon Rosenstiel

Re: Request for Data

Post by Jon Rosenstiel »

Liam,

I should be able to do this, will give it a try when things cool off around here.

JonR
Finn Hammer

Re: Request for Data

Post by Finn Hammer »

My cube is hipernated untill winter, but I will try to deliver, if it is still wanted by then.
Cheers, Finn Hammer

Return to “Advanced Technical Discussion Area”