uranium ore deposites

For Short Term Learning Discussions ONLY. This area is for CURSORY questions and connecting with other users ONLY. ALL technical contributions need to be made in the appropriate forums and NOT HERE. All posts are temporary and will be deleted within weeks or months. You should have already search the extensive FAQs in each of the forums before posting here as your question may already be answered.
Andrew Hawes

uranium ore deposites

Post by Andrew Hawes »

dose anyone know where some uranium deposits are in the southwestern united states where i can go and collect some on public land.
Richard Hull

Re: uranium ore deposites

Post by Richard Hull »

They are everywhere in Utah. I have been on two occasions, 2005 and 2009. The Shinarumps just outside Moab to the north and to the south, around La Salle, the Mi vida region/Lisbon valley about 30 miles south of Moab. We spent a week each time. Other great mines within an hour of Moab....Ike-Nixon mine...Homestake....Radon mines

The best place to look is in the waste dump, tailings piles and not in the mines. Their 1950's waste would be great ore today. Do not use a GM counter! Only Scintillation counter systems will work and detect stuff buried 1 foot down! A lot of wash-over has covered the best stuff in the last 70 years.

Richard Hull
Attachments
Me in downtown Moab outside the famous "Uranium building" (2005)
Me in downtown Moab outside the famous "Uranium building" (2005)
Mines near La Salle 5-10 miles down the road
Mines near La Salle 5-10 miles down the road
Area around the Mi Vida many old mines
Area around the Mi Vida many old mines
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Andrew Hawes

Post by Andrew Hawes »

thank you so much, next time i am in Utah i will try to make it there and i will let everyone know how it goes.
Andrew Hawes

Post by Andrew Hawes »

Also do you know where i can get a Scintillation counter for a good price.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

TSA makes an excellent scintillation instrument and they often appear used on e-bay.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Andrew Hawes

Post by Andrew Hawes »

thanks

Return to “New User Chat Area”