Hello from Alabama

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Isaac Stevens

Hello from Alabama

Post by Isaac Stevens »

Hi, I'm Isaac. I'm 13 years old and going into 10th grade. I've had an interest in nuclear reactors for a while but recently I was reading a college chemistry textbook and found a chapter on nuclear fission. This sent me down a nuclear research rabbit hole of sorts. I found out about people achieving nuclear fission in their garages and wondered if I could do it. Then my parents didn't exactly love the idea of me handling highly radioactive elements. Eventually I found out about Jackson Oswalt who built a nuclear fusion reactor at 12. It seemed like the perfect safe alternative. (not that high voltage is exactly safe but at least the isotype itself isn't dangerously radioactive) I also read about Adam Parker who was a fellow highschooler from Alabama and won a $10k scholarship to UA so it'd be kinda cool if something similar happened. But even if not, nuclear fusion fascinates me immensely and I'm very excited to begin this project.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”