Hi from Illinois

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Rich Gorski

Hi from Illinois

Post by Rich Gorski »

Hello from Illinois (northwest of Chicago)

Hi all! I'm a new user on fusor.net although I have visited here many times in the last year to glean information about fusors. Actually I just fired up my fusor for the first time a few weeks ago. Neutrons appeared on a B10 proportional counter moderated with paraffin wax well above background although it is not yet calibrated so I can't post neutron counts at this time. No joy yet in activating silver or indium (at least nothing obvious). My system is powered by a 60kV-50mA Spellman DXR3000 supply (from a X-ray diffraction unit) and I'm electrolyzing D2 from D2O using a Horizon PEM electrolyzer cell and leaking it into the vacuum chamber through a 16 turn 100ml/min needle valve. The vacuum chamber is pumped by a gated 300 l/s diffusion pump.

My background is physics and I have extensive experience in electron optics. Now retired from recent contracts with NASA and JPL I decided to continue my interest in energy especially fusion. My interest in fusion started decades ago while working on electron gun designs for cathode ray tubes. I realized that the 30kV accelerating potential in these electron devices was all that is needed to create fusion events in a colliding deuteron beam system. Finally after all these years I'm actually doing it.

Eventually I will post images and other information as my project progresses.
Rich Gorski
Rich Feldman

Re: Hi from Illinois

Post by Rich Feldman »

Welcome, fellow Rich. We look forward to seeing details of your exploits.
All models are wrong; some models are useful. -- George Box
Dennis P Brown

Re: Hi from Illinois

Post by Dennis P Brown »

To start it would be a good idea to post pictures and some details of your fusor device & support equipment; a pic of the plasma (if you have a window port) and any/all vacuum/electrical parameters you can measure for said plasma. This will start you on the road to getting into the neutron club.

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”