Cremat 110 PCB

For Short Term Learning Discussions ONLY. This area is for CURSORY questions and connecting with other users ONLY. ALL technical contributions need to be made in the appropriate forums and NOT HERE. All posts are temporary and will be deleted within weeks or months. You should have already search the extensive FAQs in each of the forums before posting here as your question may already be answered.
Nicolas_Malo

Cremat 110 PCB

Post by Nicolas_Malo »

Has someone made a PCB schematic/file (gerber format) for the Cremat 110 module as a preamplifier and would be interested in sharing? Thank you
Rich Feldman

Re: Cremat 110 PCB

Post by Rich Feldman »

Hello and welcome.

I can't offer what you requested: Gerber files for a PC board to host Cremat 110 CSP module.

There's a forum thread where I described my DIY board and enclosure for a CR110.
including some advice from a designer at Cremat.
viewtopic.php?p=82483

The DIY board, and the one you can buy from Cremat (CR-150), are almost trivial in complexity.
If you want to make one at home by etching, you can draw the resist with a Sharpie.
If you want to get one fabricated from a quick-turn board shop, this old boomer hopes you enjoy playing with Gerber files more than with drills and etchant.
All models are wrong; some models are useful. -- George Box
Nicolas_Malo

Post by Nicolas_Malo »

Thank you M.Feldman. I saw the forum thread but wanted to know before making it a PCB if someone had already done it. I will try to design it in the next week or so.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

The whole deal around the CR-110 is stupid simple.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Nicolas_Malo

Post by Nicolas_Malo »

Indeed, I was expecting much worse but managed to finish and order my PCB with parts within an hour. Hopefully I didn’t make any silly mistake. Thanks everyone.
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

I would like to add that the board they sell for the CSA chip has the high voltage and ground solder points extremely close in a number of places. I covered four of the five with small amounts of epoxy (to create a tiny 'cap') to improve insulation properties and hopefully, reduce the chance for any arcing with the HV. Since the grounds are universal, accessing a ground away from the HV solder points is generally easy. In their vid, they are not kidding that the entire board needs to be cleaned with soap & water and scrubbed with a tooth brush and be super clean before use. Otherwise, arcing to a nearby ground point (and killing the CR110) is likely.

Return to “New User Chat Area”