How to keep a FAQ slim

Announcements and items of immediate importance.
Finn Hammer

How to keep a FAQ slim

Post by Finn Hammer »

I only have one FAQ under my belt, and it already starts to attract discussion inside the FAQ.
I really would like to keep the FAQ "strictly information" and then have the discussions, statements and questions on a thread out in the high voltage forum. I started a thread out in the high voltage forum to act as a commercial for the FAQ, and I would prefer the talk to stay there.
I need help to organize that goal, perhaps move some of the latest communications to the high voltage forum.
I have more to say about transformers and multipliers, and would like that to come in close succession, in the FAQ, so that it is easy to find.

Cheers, Finn Hammer
Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Re: How to keep a FAQ slim

Post by Frank Sanns »

Nice FAQ Finn. You have responded to your FAQ so do you want that one moved too? Maybe if you start a new thread i.e. Discussion of HV transformer FAQ, then I can move all but the first post there. Or any other way you would like it handled.
Achiever's madness; when enough is still not enough. ---FS
We have to stop looking at the world through our physical eyes. The universe is NOT what we see. It is the quantum world that is real. The rest is just an electron illusion. ---FS
Rex Allers

Post by Rex Allers »

Finn,

I think I see one typo in your FAQ.

As you are getting into design you say,
"One core that has shown it’s worth is designated UY26A."

From previous context and the circled core in the table, I think you meant to say UY22A
Rex Allers
Finn Hammer

Post by Finn Hammer »

Good catch, Rex.
Unfortunately the FAQ has now slipped beyond my editing priviledges.
May I ask Frank to correct it in the text, or should I post a supplementary correction below?

Cheers, Finn Hammer
Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Post by Frank Sanns »

I have been monitoring these threads for the past few days but have not taken any action yet as the target seems to be changing.

My suggestion is to consolidate your requests into one post. This includes the updated photo with the correct circled number in red. That is not a text table so it is not a simple text edit. The original table that you have Finn has to be amended then saved as a photo.

Consolidation is the key for me, or Richard for that matter. Numbered points are also good to be sure I am getting it all done.

Sometimes I miss posts that are nested within a long string so you can PM me (I get immediate notification) or make the post and hit the report button. Sometimes that works the best as Paul, Richard, and I all get notification and what the report is about.

Hope this helps.
Achiever's madness; when enough is still not enough. ---FS
We have to stop looking at the world through our physical eyes. The universe is NOT what we see. It is the quantum world that is real. The rest is just an electron illusion. ---FS
Finn Hammer

Post by Finn Hammer »

Frank,
Great, Richard sorted it a couple of days ago, thanks!

Cheers, Finn Hammer

Return to “Announcements and Site Administration Topics”