Glad to see you all-From Wuxi, China

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
Gaosi_Liu

Glad to see you all-From Wuxi, China

Post by Gaosi_Liu »

Hi, I am an engineer in the field of metal materials, doing some research in noble metal in China recent years.
I wish I could do something about the fusion, which is so fantastic and magnetic.
Glad to see you all.
Learn from you all.
Paul_Schatzkin
Site Admin

Re: Glad to see you all-From Wuxi, China

Post by Paul_Schatzkin »

Yes, well, nice to see you too, but... did you read the guidelines before you registered for the site?

'Gauss' is not an acceptable user name – unless by some strange happenstance that is your full and only name.

Otherwise, we require ALL members to register with their full real, first-and-last names.

Please update your account to reflect your actual identity, or the account will be summarily deleted without any further warning.

Thanks,

--PS
Paul Schatzkin, aka "The Perfesser" – Founder and Host of Fusor.net
Author of The Boy Who Invented Television: 2023 Edition – https://amz.run/6ag1
"Fusion is not 20 years in the future; it is 60 years in the past and we missed it."
Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown »

Hello, and welcome. There is a lot you can do - build a fusor, for instance - many here have. So, hope to hear more from you in the future - do correct your name.
Gaosi_Liu

Post by Gaosi_Liu »

Ok...I am sorry I didn't read enough guidelines. The reason why I use this name is I do have the same name with "Gauss" in Chinese on my ID card.
That is to say, "Gauss" means "高斯" in Chinese and I do have the name "高斯",named by my grandfather(maternal) who encouraged me to study harder in math.
So when I need to register an English user name on my account, I always use this name or "Gauss314" and so on, which is convenient for everyone to spell.
Since it's inconvenient to use this user name in this forum, I can change it to a transliteration of my name, which is "Gaosi".

Paul_Schatzkin wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:40 am Yes, well, nice to see you too, but... did you read the guidelines before you registered for the site?

'Gauss' is not an acceptable user name – unless by some strange happenstance that is your full and only name.

Otherwise, we require ALL members to register with their full real, first-and-last names.

Please update your account to reflect your actual identity, or the account will be summarily deleted without any further warning.

Thanks,

--PS
Gaosi_Liu

Post by Gaosi_Liu »

Thanks.
There are lots of things for me to learn and I will persist in this in my spare time.
I have told the reson to Mr Schatzkin above.
And I will change the user name to a transliteration of my name, which is "Gaosi".
Dennis P Brown wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:00 pm Hello, and welcome. There is a lot you can do - build a fusor, for instance - many here have. So, hope to hear more from you in the future - do correct your name.
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Block quotes are not used here. We are fairly smart folks and can retain what we read in a post thread. We can read the first time and need no later point of reference to something just written immediately above. Block quotes, for us, are merely needless clutter. Please avoid using them.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”